A what?!?!? So…..kinda exciting news. I received a sweet little notification this morning that I was nominated for a Liebster Award for my blog by a fellow blogger, Brianna of Lookbook Style and Design. She’s a Los Angeles-based blogger who is obsessed with architecture and interior design like me, and she has an exceptional eye for fabulosity and all things gorgeous. Definitely check out her blog. And I’m not just saying this because she nominated me (seriously) or that she’s just as nuts as I am to have a blog about design (only kidding). Thanks Brianna!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 500 followers, AKA me with my teeny following of family and friends (thanks mom!). As most of you probably know, “liebe” means “love” in German, so we’re spreading the bloggerista love. It’s a great way for us to help each other out and bring some recognition to the smaller players in the very crowded space.
So here’s the skinny. As a nominee, I have to answer 11 questions asked by Brianna, followed by nominating 11 bloggers myself, followed by posting 11 new questions for those bloggers. I guess 11 is the new 7! This is how the stuff goes viral and it’s a fun way to get to know each other.
Let’s hit it.
1. When did you start your blog and what influenced you to start it?
Almost a year ago (last April). I’ve had other blogs for other purposes. This is the one that allows me to engage in my neurotic, compulsive behavior related to DIYing, thrifting, hoarding, and obsessing over pretty much everything.
2. Describe yourself in one word.
Hoardaholic. See chaotic shot of my most previous move.
3. What day of the week do you enjoy the most?
Thursday. It’s the new Friday! It’s also my regularly scheduled thrifting day (Thrifting Thursday!).
4. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
See answer to question #2. I COLLECT EVERYTHING. But mostly succulents, mid-century modern furniture, and dog hair on my floor.
5. What is something you’ve done that you’re proud of?
Start my blog. And complete a 10-minute mile. OH YEAH.
6. Currently, what song makes you happy?
Currently and always, “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves.
7. What is one piece of technology that you can’t live without?
8. What has challenged you about blogging?
To convince myself that audience growth isn’t as important as being true to myself in my writing and content. Right???
9. What would a perfect day be for you?
A pajama day with no computer or phone and endless macaroons, cocktails, and Project Runway. A girl can dream…
10. How does your blog inspire others?
That’s a good question. I’ve never asked my readers. But I have heard from a few friends that they’re now addicted to thrifting and shopping second-hand because of my posts, so I guess that’s some form of inspiration (or bad influence!).
11. What is your favorite food recipe?
My favorite food is Chinese vermicelli noodles stir fried with garlic, ginger, green onions, shrimp, shiitake mushrooms, carrots, and some soy sauce, topped with fresh cilantro. That’s my recipe..I don’t quantify when it comes to food.
And my nominees are….
My nominees are as follows: a combination of food, fashion, and shelter. Check them out and brace yourselves for some serious eye candy and foodgasms.
For the folks above, here’s the drill:
1. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you, AKA moi.
2. Nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less.
3. Post 11 new questions for you nominees to answer.
4. Tag your nominees in your post and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated!
And here are YOUR questions:
1. If you could know one person who is no longer alive, who would it be?
2. Wine, or Jägermeister shot?
3. Who is your biggest influence?
4. Who has influenced you the least?
5. If you could be any place other than where you are right now, where would it be?
6. Edward or Jacob?
7. Bella or Rosalie?
8. How often do you write in your blog?
9. How often do you wish you could write in your blog?
10. If you could be on any reality T.V. show, what would it be?
11. What book or movie best describes you?
I CAN’T WAIT to see your responses!
Thank you so much Brianna, for the honor. The little things make a huge difference and keep me motivated to continue dishing out my dirt to an audience (mom) who’s willing to listen to my nonsense. *Muah*